Our campus theme this year is #Connect. We will strive all year to provide our students with opportunities to connect with each other, our staff, our traditions and our community. We believe those connections will help our student succeed academically and create an environment where they feel safe, secure and cared for.
I invite you to follow us on Twitter @hs_hondoisd and on Facebook @hondohighschool. See firsthand the great things that are happening here.
As always, if you have a question, concern, idea or just want a bad cup of coffee, my door is always open.
-Robert Knight, HHS Principal
Hondo ISD Beliefs
- Hondo children come first.
- Constant review and evaluation of current practices is essential for continued success.
- The success of each student is the responsibility of students, their families, the district, and the community.
- Environment is a key component to the educational process.
- Each student will be prepared for successful real world experience.
- Each staff member is valued and supported.
- Hondo ISD has a rich tradition of excellence.
Our vision at Hondo ISD is to develop life-long learners who are productive members of society.
In our relentless pursuit of academic excellence, our mission at Hondo ISD is to make learning the priority for all and serve the educational needs of every student, in every classroom, every day.
I. HISD students will achieve academic growth annually as measured by multiple indicators.
II. HISD will prepare students for the future and inspire them to realize their highest personal and educational potential.
III. HISD will create a rich technology-centered educational environment for all students and staff.
IV. HISD will create a safe and nurturing learning environment for all students and staff.
V. HISD will establish an effective and efficient method to allocate resources to meet the district’s prioritized needs.
VI. HISD will increase collaborative communication and meaningful exchanges with students, staff, and the community.
VII. HISD will recruit, develop, support, and retain quality staff.
VIII. HISD will strive to keep student and staff attendance at optimal levels.
Hondo High School recognizes parents as partners in providing all children with a quality education. Hondo High School respects the unique knowledge and experience of parents knowing that they are the first and most important teachers in their children's lives.
To ensure that parents are actively involved in their children's education, it is the policy of Hondo High School:
- To create a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for parents.
- To convene an annual meeting to acquaint parents with the campus, their children's teachers, instruction and programs including Title One programs.
- To provide multiple methods to communicate important information to parents to keep them informed of programs, curriculum, and academic assessments used to measure student progress and the state's academic content and achievement standards. All information oral or written related to school parent programs will be provided in a format and language that the parents can understand.
- To provide parents with opportunities to volunteer at Hondo High School following the volunteer guidelines which include a criminal history check for all volunteers.
- To provide opportunities for parents to be involved at various levels in planning and decision making and also provide timely and repeated opportunities for parents to provide feedback to the school.
- To serve as a referral resource for parents to enable them to locate the services they need for a safe and healthy family.